Before trying to explain managed hosting, I am going to tell you what are the different types of hosting.
Dedicated hosting is similar to managed hosting, in which the service provider leases a particular server only to one customer.
However, the main difference lies in the fact that these servers are preconfigured and you do not get much choice when setting up the server.
Consumers with cloud hosting can access various hosting resources through the internet.
Cloud hosting networks provide flexibility in adding or removing memory easily when necessary.
There are not many headaches along with the configurations of the servers and calculation of space requirements and changes in advance.
Now try to understand what is managed hosting.
What does the managed hosting service mean?
Managed hosting refers to the hosting service where the service provider sets up, monitors, maintains, saves and patches the hosting server for you.
The server is owned by hosting provider but instead of hosting many websites, it hosts websites only from your network and is leased to only one or one customer.
Managed hosting gives more flexibility to host your site than shared hosting services. You have full control over the server, the operating system’s choice and the hardware that runs with it.
When the operating system is hosted, one of two types of operating systems can be used in hosting services:
A.) Windows operating system – usually Windows 2008 Server
B.) Linux operating system- usually CentosOS
Generally the hosting provider also sets you up with the following services, i.e.
1. Set-Up – Full Setting of Control Panel and OS. The buyer has administrative access but rarely uses it. Generally managed hosting is accessed by the client through the control panel.
2. Monitoring – Server, Network, Database, and Apache Monitoring Ping Monitor runs simultaneously for server and network uptime, and monitors website uptime.
3. Security Scan – Most managed hosting companies provide monthly security scans. These scans ensure that no viruses or bugs are hosted in the system itself. The report is also reviewed.
4. Application support – Supported applications are installed and updated.
5. Patching – Official operating systems and app patch, updates, and bug fixes.
6. Troubleshooting- If the server encounters any problems, then a dedicated employee will face those problems.
7. On Call Maintenance- Choose your phone to perform maintenance tasks on the server and call employees in the hosting company
8. Hardware upgrades – You do not have to worry about maintaining hardware or upgrading it.
9. Software Upgradation – In the hosting company, IT employees take care of software upgrades from time to time.
10. Backup services – Most managed hosting providers take daily or weekly backups of site data. In case of an emergency, you can contact them to get the files backIn case of an emergency, you can contact them to retrieve files.
What does a managed hosting service offer?
Managed hosting is active in its nature. To understand what the word means, we must first understand the difference between the reactionary and active.
A webhosting company provides a disaster management which is the reactive nature of the support industry. However, with managed hosting, the service becomes active in nature. In other words, it manages the service in such a way that problems do not crop.In other words, it manages the service in such a way that problems do not crop.
A managed hosting provider with compatibility check, patching, security scan, and such other measures is to avoid problems as much as possible.
Who Should Consider Managed Hosting?
If you are not fully aware of the technical details behind configuring the server and setting up your hosting, then a managed hosting service where the provider takes care of most things for you, will be perfectly suitable for your needs.
Managed hosting solutions work best for those customers who can not leave time to learn or follow the technology behind hosting while facing any problem.
If you are running an e-commerce enterprise, then it is possible that you would rather spend more time on business-creating activities rather than managing the hosting server.
Managed hosting takes away the pain from running and hosting your business. Experts can run your business while experts take care of traffic problems for you.Follow us