Digital Marketing: Digital marketing refers to promoting the products or brand names through various forms of the electronic media. It varies from traditional marketing due to its way of involving the usage of those channels and techniques which allows any organization for analysing the conduction of marketing campaigns and then finally understanding the working and non-working ways of promotion that takes place in real time.
Digital marketers are tasked with monitoring aspects such as; what is more likely to be viewed, the frequency of the view and the duration of the view,as well. It also focuses on sales conversions, type of the working and non-working content, etc. Though the Internet holds a key role in association with digital marketing, other implemented methods include digital TV, wireless text messaging, mobile apps, instant messaging, electronic billboards and radio channels etc.
Importance of Digital Marketing:
Digital marketing is such a useful medium that consumers have instant access to information every time they want by using Internet. Gone are those days when people got information on a product only as much as you wanted them to know. Consumers are now having much more additional information as compared to just what your company states about your brand. With the new development consumers are now in a position to access information about what the media,friends, and peers say about you. It is important that they consider these information and take decision accordingly.
- More Cost Effective: It is more cost-effective than traditional marketing. This is especially important for small businesses as they don’t have many resources or a lot of capital. New media can provide you with a cheaper and more effective advertising channel.
- Use Content to Connect with Customers: Using digital content either sponsored or free allows you to connect consumers much more effectively then billboards, direct mail or PR campaigns. The strength of your online Presence now directly linked to the success of your business.
- Cater to the mobile Consumer: Technology has evolved so much that mobile gadgets are no longer considered mere alternatives to personal computers or laptops. 91% of adults in the U.S alone always have their mobile devices within reaching distance and regularly use them to browse internet. The largest group of consumers is using their mobile devices daily, So, it’s essential that you use a marketing solution that targets these devices properly.
- Realize Higher ROI and Revenue: By increasing your digital outreach, you can increase your revenue. The more data that you can extract from your outreach campaigns, the better your predictions and subsequently ROI will be.
- Track your Customer’s Journey: Using analystics services like google analystics, you will be able to monitor all your customer’s actions, preferences and get a better insights into their behaviour. Analystics allows you to build the persona of your customer so that you can offer them the perfect experiences.
- Increased Conversions: If you have an online business and you are marketing products and services online, you can easily measure your success by incoming your traffic that gets converts into subscribers, leads or sales and through this way you can calculate and improve your conversion rates.
- Encourage Social Media Engagement: If you want your company to grow, you can acquire new clients using various social media channels. Make sure always to target your customers based on their interests, ages and country. This way, you will be able to better interact with then and encourage engagement through digital media.
- Get more Likes: Some people underestimate the importance of social media as a part of their digital marketing campaign. The more “Facebook Likes” or “Tweets” you get, the more your company can grow and build trust and credibility with your customers. It can also bring traffic to your website if you use these channels to inform your followers about discounts, products, blog posts etc.